Walking underneath the map and place changes

For all our Guests

Moderators: Faflok, Wloczykij, Thanatos

Bloodsucker Maps
Gość

Walking underneath the map and place changes

Post by Bloodsucker Maps »

Hi,

I am a great fan of Bloodsuckers maps and first of all would like to say thank you for the great work.

Since 1.6.0 I ran across a few places where you all of a sudden walk underneath the map, e.g. MM blacksmith on the right hand side inside the hut.

Zirakinbar caves the entrance and exit has moved to 87.304 in the cave but with the current maps you will not be able to get to the ladder since you end up underneath the map.

If you want me to report further bugs, pls let me know.

Thanks.
Creedka
Guild Master
GG: 0

Re: Walking underneath the map and place changes

Post by Creedka »

Hey Blood's Fan ;)

I am pretty sure the fact that you're falling under the ground is caused by the changes made to the maps themselves, i.e. to the .elm files.
That would probably mean Blood will have to work on them from the beginning and recreate them. If we ask him pretty, maybe he'll do it:)

Thanks for your comment, now let's see what Blood says on that matter :)

~Creedka.

Ps. Please be patient waiting for his reply, as he's been having some Internet problems lately.
Ulrih
PL-ka
PL-ka
GG: 4285103

Post by Ulrih »

Hi!
Could you explain how did you install BloodSucker's maps after the update? That may help a bit in locating the bug.
Miał jeden ojciec trzy cery...
BloodSucker
Radny
GG: 2669914

Post by BloodSucker »

Hi there.

Like Creedka already said, falling under the ground is probably caused by some problems with elm files (are you sure you have the newest?). Bitmap files - as a matter of fact - does nothing. Is just a picture, nothing more, it doesn't cause any map changes like moved objects, new ways or messed ground level.
The only possible bugs may occur in out to date bmp maps.
In each update there are few maps modified, it's only a matter of time to track all the changes and redone the map so it could fit as a glove. As a matter of fact, I've already redone the Zirakinbar Insides map, done few new guildmaps (for pigs guild and BOC guild) and now I'm looking on what map should I spend the next lil' bucket of my free time.

The next mappack update should be ready this week. It's v.2.2, will probably include over 14 maps.

Bug reports always will help (but try to explain markers location without coordinates, since I don't play the game any more, I don't know where 87.304 is).

Regards.
BloodSucker.
(...) It could be made into a monster if we all pull together as a team... but if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
Lotheneil
Guild Master
GG: 0

Post by Lotheneil »

This problem may be caused by outdated .elm files. Make sure you've copied only .bmp files (NOT .elm nor the whole directory!) from the old directory during client update.
SleepyJo
Gość

Post by SleepyJo »

Yes it was caused by the .elm files. Once you swap them out for the original ones from 1.6.0 everything is fine.